Posted on: June 27, 2023
Date: June 27, 2023
Job Title: Lead Design / Senior Mechanical Designer
NOC Code: 2232
- Design mechanisms, such as automotive conveyor systems, production equipment, and platforms to various customer specifications.
- Perform engineering calculations with respect to structural integrity, force, load, horsepower, pressure, etc. as required based on various applications.
- Produce BOMs using CAD and Excel, integrated with an ERP system.
- Verify that designs meet specifications and requirements as laid out by the customer.
- Ensure designs meet internal standard for ease of manufacturability and assembly, while accounting for transportation requirements of the customer.
- Verify drawings for accuracy, proper material selections and finishes, tolerancing standards and machining procedures.
- Communicate with customers, vendors, managers, and team members regarding all aspects of projects.
- Provide design support, instructions, guidelines, and training to other designers in the department.
- Prepare technical documentation and needed.
- Ensure design files and related documents are updated.
- Take lead on various projects to ensure progress and efficiency to stay on track and meet timelines.
- Follow company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- An advanced knowledge in either Solidworks or Inventor.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Draftsight.
- Proficient with the MS Office suite.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Must be able to think outside the box, find solutions to hard problems effectively.
- Able to collaborate well with others and manage a small team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years in Automotive Industry Design or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of Mechanical Design experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, being able to effectively communicate with team, customers, vendors, and management while representing the company in a professional manner
Hours of Work: Full-time
Location (City\Town): Kingsville
On Bus Route: No
Position Requires a Personal Vehicle: No
Contact: email@example.com, (519) 733-6396