Posted on: May 18, 2023
Date: May 18, 2023
Job Title: Forklift Operator
NOC Code: 7521
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and non-conformance to specifications.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and record keeping purposes.
- Ensure FIFO stock rotation within our facility and coolers.
- Loads and unloads materials to and from designated storage areas, or vehicles.
- Stacks or piles materials, pallets, etc.
- Bundles and bands with material banding machines.
- Sorts and stores items according to specifications.
- Attaches identifying tags or marks information on containers.
- Ensures/maintains a clean work area, using brooms, rags, and cleaning compounds.
- Installs protective devices, such as bracing, padding or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Record any maintenance required for equipment for safety and to minimize risks.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Follows work orders or receives and listens to oral instructions to determine work assignment.
- Completes daily fork lift inspection for safety and to minimize risks.
- Follows established safety regulations; appropriate use of signals (horns), proper use of seatbelts, scanning guns and other equipment as required.
- Safe driver as a fork lift operator and conduct daily equipment inspections.
- Previous experience with vegetables or comparable environment is preferred.
- Related experience in logistics will be considered an asset; however, training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Ability to conduct basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral and spoken) in English.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Outlook.
- Knowledge of Famous and RedLine Cooler programs (for inventory management) will be considered an asset.
- Must be able to work independently or within a team setting.
- Positive attitude, punctual and willing to grow within the company.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy material (i.e. up to 23 kg / 50 lbs.)
- Able to climb stairs and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Work in a temperature controlled environment of approximately 13 C / 55 F
Salary: To be disclosed by employer
Hours of Work: Full time employment, 5-6 days per week, steady afternoons
Location (City\Town): Kingsville
On Bus Route: No
Position Requires a Personal Vehicle: No
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, (519) 733-6396