Posted on: May 18, 2023
Date: May 18, 2023
Job Title: Welder
NOC Code: 7237
- Shape, fabricate, adapt or fix metal components, and structural parts to attain specific fits.
- Able to read and interpret project plans, diagrams, and written instructions to successfully perform the required assignments.
- Perform metal inert gas (MIG), tungsten inert gas (TIG), stick and arc welding according to project needs.
- Coordinate with the fleet shop crew for the maintenance/ repair of vehicles, machinery, structures and farm equipment.
- De-bur and grind metal to achieve proper specifications.
- Conduct regular safety inspections on vehicles and equipment.
- Plowing, salting, and removal of snow is required in the winter when necessary
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws.
- Welder Certification will be an asset.
- Over 5+ years of welding experience.
- Fabrication experience is considered an asset
- Competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following safety procedures.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to work independently or within a team setting
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and deal with time sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Must be able to deal with challenging situations.
- Must be physically able to lift heavy material (i.e. up to 23 kg/50 lbs.)
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Salary: To be disclosed by employer
Hours of Work: Full time, permanent, 6 days a week (as required); which include Saturdays, depending on workload and priorities. Shift flexibility may be required.
Location (City\Town): Kingsville
On Bus Route: No
Position Requires a Personal Vehicle: No
Contact: email@example.com, (519) 733-6396