Posted on: May 18, 2023
Date: May 18, 2023
Job Title: Line Leader
NOC Code: 9227
- Ensure that they are coaching, training and motivating employees on daily basis
- Communicate any performance issues first to the employee and then to the production supervisor or manager if there is no improvement so that progressive discipline can be initiated
- Communicate any produce concern (i.e. either quality and or quantity) to the production supervisor or manager
- Monitor employees as they grade, sort, package produce and provide guidance and coaching as required
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that quality, size and packing specifications are met.
- Remove defective products or materials
- Ensure employees clean containers, materials, supplies, and work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
- Ensure employees measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Ensure employees record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms.
- Perform packer duties once line has been set up, in the absence of a packer and fill in on the line for washroom breaks
- Ensure employees work in a safe and efficient manner; and report any health and safety concerns or accident to the production supervisor or manager.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral and spoken) in English.
- Strong understanding of production needs of produce (i.e. cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers)
- Ability to lead by example, coach, train, and motivate employees to meet goals
- Communicate any issues or concerns to the production supervisor or manager.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy material (i.e. up to 23 kg / 50 lbs.)
- Able to climb stairs and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Work in a temperature controlled environment of approximately 13 ˚C / 55 ˚F.
Salary: To be disclosed by employer
Hours of Work: Full time, permanent, 5-days a week, steady day or afternoon shift and potentially extended hours depending on workload and priorities; which could include possible Sunday shifts (unless stipulated otherwise in offer of employment).
Location (City\Town): Kingsville
On Bus Route: No
Position Requires a Personal Vehicle: No
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, (519) 733-6396