Posted on: May 18, 2023
Date: May 18, 2023
Job Title: Inventory Control Supervisor
NOC Code: 1524
- Monitor and Operate WMS (Warehouse Management System)
- Monitor and manage a crew of Inventory Cycle Counters performing count activities that mirror Operations 24/7 operations.
- Selecting and assembling team members
- Coaching and supporting staff to measurable outcomes
- Developing and managing departmental KPI’s that are tied to corporate objectives and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensuring the highest levels of internal customer service to avoid delaying product salability while maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Attention to detail and the ability to take large data set and interpret them for internal departmental control.
- Performing urgent reactive / high accuracy count verifications in the warehouse / repack setting
- Rapid response to on floor count triggers. Urgency required
- Determine trends and common patterns to identify root cases of inventory discrepancies.
- Providing Operations with tangible information in inventory patterns, loss / shrink investigations, trend analysis, all to assist Operations in determining root cause and correction of “waste” / loss / shrink.
- Input and use of daily reports to transmit tangible information from the inventory status to the operations team for follow up / investigation to drive tangible results.
- The ability to balance and rebalance work priorities throughout shift.
- Role requires a leadership balance of planned and reactive work based on daily operational changes. The ability to toggle and balance urgent tasks is an asset.
- This role will have oversight and the ability to fundamentally adjust our company’s inventory. Accuracy and the ability to accurately count and report with attention to detail is an absolute must in this role.
- The ability to work with little supervision.
- Experience with Inventory Control software (WMS) is an asset.
- Experience within the operations would be considered an asset in determining and deducing root causes to inventory miss movements and activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral and spoken) in English.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Outlook is required.
- Ability to work with independently and within a team setting.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and deal with time sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- A flexible work schedule including extended hours and weekends.
- Post secondary education in a related field will be considered an asset.
- Must be able to work at a desk for extend periods of time as well as in a warehouse / refrigerated, fast paced environment.
Salary: To be disclosed by employer
Hours of Work: Full time day shift, permanent, 6 days a week, Monday to Saturday, and potentially extended hours depending on workload and priorities. Shift flexibility may be required
Location (City\Town): Kingsville
On Bus Route: No
Position Requires a Personal Vehicle: No
- Company events, dental care, discounted or free food, extended health care, life insurance, on-site parking, paid time off, RRSP match
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, (519) 733-6396