Posted on: May 8, 2023
Date: May 5, 2023
Job Title: Waterfront Coordinator (Summer Camp)
NOC Code: 5254
- The Waterfront Coordinator is responsible for the safety and supervision of all activities on the different waterfronts at camp. This includes the coordination and support of waterfront program areas, campers and staff.
- They will work to ensure all waterfront programs are fun, creative, safe, and engaging in a way.
- The Waterfront Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the safety and emergency procedures on the waterfronts at camp, the coordination and supervision of lifeguards, and on-going in-service lifeguard training throughout the summer.
- They will ensure all activity and safety equipment and supplies are always stocked and in good working condition.
- A large portion of this role will be instructing kayaking and canoeing programs with cabin groups throughout each week and supervising swimming activities. This person will report to the Program Coordinator.
- NL – Pool, NL – Waterfront (preferred), Standard First Aid, CPR C, G Class License, Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Position Screening, minimum of 2 previous seasons working in a lifeguarding and/or waterfront camp environment.
- Preferred Qualifications: Red Cross Instructors, Swim Instructors, LSS Instructors, LSS Examiners, ORCKA Canoe Levels, and Individuals with experience in waterfront programming, positive energy, the ability to instruct activities at a high level and effectively manage large groups of campers in all camp activities
Hours of Work: Resides on camp from Sunday – Friday; Contract dates: Early June – Sept. 1st
Location (City\Town): Leamington
On Bus Route: No
Position Requires a Personal Vehicle: Yes
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, (519) 326-0153