Posted on: May 8, 2023
Date: May 5, 2023
Job Title: Assistant Camp Director
NOC Code: 5254
- Works along with the Camp Director to ensure smooth flow of the overall operations at camp.
- This individual is responsible for ensuring all campers, families and outdoor education participants receive high quality experiences
- The Assistant Director is a key leadership position on the staff team and is responsible for directly supervising the Section Head and other team members, while establishing a camper-focused attitude amongst the team.
- This individual constantly monitors the level of camper care and supervision and is responsible for ongoing training opportunities and coaching to help develop skills of the staff team. The Assistant Director maintains the flow of communication with campers, families and outdoor education clients.
- This staff member works closely with the director and senior team to manage the administrative tasks for each session and outdoor education.
- This person will work with all areas of camp to ensure organization and smooth program delivery in all areas of camp.
- Importantly, the Assistant Director and Camp Director will work together to establish and maintain a camp culture that is inclusive, safe, positive and fun. This person will also act as the on-site designate for the Camp Director in their absence. This position reports to the Camp Director.
- Standard First Aid, CPR C, G Class License, NL (preferred), Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Position Screening, minimum 2 seasons of counseling experience, minimum 1 season of staff supervision experience.
Hours of Work: TBD – resides at the camp from Sunday afternoon until Friday afternoon each week. Contract dates: Mid May-early October
Location (City\Town): Leamington
On Bus Route: No
Position Requires a Personal Vehicle: Yes
Contact: email@example.com, (519) 326-0153