Posted on: July 5, 2022
Date: June 16, 2022
Job Title: Packer – PT
NOC Code: 8611
- Grade, sort and package produce (cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and egg plant) per customer specifications.
- Assemble, line and pad cartons and containers per customer specifications.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Place products or materials into containers, using hand tools and equipment, as required.
- Load and remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas.
- Seal containers or bags.
- Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
- Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand and follow information and instruction presented through spoken words and sentences by line leader, supervisor or manager.
- Work in various positions at the required speed of service and with the desired sense of urgency.
- Communicate any issues or concerns to the line leader, supervisor or manager.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy material (i.e. up to 23 kg / 50 lbs.)
- Able to climb stairs and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Work in a temperature-controlled environment of approximately 13 ˚C / 55 ˚F.
- The incumbent will be committed to customer service excellence and leading by example. A positive attitude in the workplace is required as is the ability to adhere to all human resources, operational and food and health safety policies and procedures.
Salary: To be disclosed by employer
Hours of Work: Part time hours (may be required to be available on weekends)
Location (City\Town): Kingsville
On Bus Route: No
Position Requires a Personal Vehicle: No
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 519- 733-6396