Posted on: June 16, 2022
Job Title: Quality Inspector
NOC Code: 9465
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met, using CFIA/ USDA grades & standards as reference to complete inspections on various greenhouse commodities.
- Obtain, move, and sort products, materials, containers, and orders.
- Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and record keeping purposes.
- Take photos and prepare quality reports for distribution to other departments.
- Comply with the company standard of Food Safety and Environmental Health and Safety
- Any additional tasks as required
- Communicate any issues or concerns to the line leader, supervisor or manager.
- Ability to conduct basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral and spoken) in English.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Outlook.
- Knowledge of Famous and RedLine Cooler programs (for inventory management) will be considered an asset.
- Must be able to work independently or within a team setting.
- Positive attitude, punctual and willing to grow within the company.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically fit and able to repetitively lift heavy material (i.e. up to 23 kg / 50 lbs.)
- Work in a temperature controlled environment of approximately 52 degrees.
- Must be able to deal with challenging employees and/or situations
Salary: Will be disclosed by employer
Hours of Work: Full time, permanent, 6-days a week, Monday to Saturday, steady afternoon shift or and potentially extended hours depending on workload and priorities; which could include possible Sunday shifts (unless stipulated otherwise in offer of employment).
Location (City\Town): Kingsville
On Bus Route: No
Position Requires a Personal Vehicle: No
Contact: email@example.com, 519- 733-6396