Posted on: June 16, 2022
Job Title: AZ Driver (Local)
NOC Code: 7511
- Drives tractor-trailer combination or straight truck, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver products, or materials.
- Maneuvers truck and trailer into loading or unloading position, following signals from loading crew as needed.
- Drives truck to weigh station before and after loading, and along route to document weight and conform to regulations.
- Maintains driver log according to regulations.
- Inspects truck before, during and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition; for safety and to minimize security risks.
- Reads bill of lading to determine assignment.
- Notifies Fleet Manager of any need for maintenance service on the truck with oil, fuel, and radiator fluid to maintain tractor-trailer (and outline on daily inspection sheet).
- Adhere to and have knowledge of all rules and regulations involved with the safe and legal operations of a tractor trailer and/or straight truck
- Obtains customer’s signature as required.
- Inventories and inspects goods to be moved.
- Insures loads are secured to trailer wall using bars.
- Comfortable dealing with U.S. and Canadian Customs officials.
- Follows C-TPAT policies and procedures on behalf of the company.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled
- Maintain a clean CVOR and driver’s abstract, must provide in interview
- Ability to provide a police clearance and pass initial and ongoing drug testing.
- Ability to cross into the U.S.
- Posses a valid driver’s license (AZ), must provide in interview
- Mechanical abilities in order to help troubleshoot minor mechanical issues.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate any issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to operate a fork lift.
- Ability to have appropriate behavior on behalf of the company when dealing with U.S. and Canadian customs officials.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy material (i.e. up to 23 kg / 50 lbs.)
- Able to climb stairs and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
Salary: Will be disclosed by employer
Hours of Work: Full Time
Location (City\Town): Kingsville
On Bus Route: No
Position Requires a Personal Vehicle: No
Contact: email@example.com, 519- 733-6396