Posted on: May 19, 2022
Job Title: Skilled Trades – Tool and Die Maker
NOC Code: 7232
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and set up machine tools.
- Position, secure, measure and work metal stock or castings to lay out for machining.
- Fit and assemble or disassemble parts using hand tools and test completed tools, dies, jigs or fixtures for proper operation
- Work directly with all manufacturing groups ensuring tooling meets process expectations
- Work directly with tooling suppliers in build to print, or design and build situations to ensure tools meet expectations
- Analyze manufacturing and tooling problems and formulate solutions
- Make repairs and adjustments as needed
- Suggest new methods and processes for quality improvements or cost savings
- Abide by all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality, Human Resources policies, and the Employee Handbook
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing experience
- Trade certification required
- Ability to read and interpret documents and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to deal with challenges involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Good manual dexterity and detail oriented
- Self-motivated and must demonstrate a positive attitude
- Must be team oriented and with excellent communication skills
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to walk, sit and stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Ability to work rotating shifts (days, afternoons, midnights)
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
Hours of Work: Full time
Location (City\Town): Windsor, ON
On Bus Route: Yes
Position Requires a Personal Vehicle: No
- Up to $2,500.00 Signing Bonus
- Competitive Wages, Benefits and RRSP Program.
- Emails regarding next steps will come from Bamboo HR – Please Ensure to check your junk mail
- Rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The company is vertically integrated from mining through ironmaking, steelmaking, rolling, finishing and downstream with hot and cold stamping of steel parts and components.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 519-971-9698