Posted on: May 19, 2022
Job Title: Operator – Auto Press – Hot Stamp
NOC Code: 9411
- Responsible for the operation of automated press lines and existing robot and automated PLC process equipment.
- Supervise the quality of production regular interval to improve the productivity and ensure that production is running under safe working condition as per Health & Safety act and/or Company practices
- Troubleshoot issues regarding automated work and respective manufacturing methods to run process of production under recommend specification
- Provide training to the end of the line operators and get the sign off in job binder book
- Taking measurements of press in press verification sheet to ensure the press is running under safe condition and as per set up sheet specification
- Prepare and submit the shift activity report in both paper and electronic format about statistics of faults in press and downtime to the higher authority
- Successfully perform the changeover of Die, attaching end of arm tooling of automated machine, troubleshooting, testing of safety circuits and lockout before start up as per set up data sheet specifications
- Co-ordinate with tooling and maintenance department in order to assist and manage the maintenance and manufacturing terms in maintenance programs
- Utilize lean-manufacturing principles and participate in action workouts to improve process capability, reduce overall costs and increasing capacity
- Ability to programming, testing, and debugging of automated machine programs as needed
- Maintain automated and robotic manufacturing methods and processes
- Abide by all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality, Human Resources policies, and the Employee Handbook
- Other duties assigned by the management team
- Diploma or Certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution is an asset. Programs of study would include Robotics Technician, Electronics Engineering, Technician Industrial Automation, and Industrial Controls
- Knowledge of robots and robot controls.
- Knowledge dies, presses and press controls (start up, shut down, inching, safety devices, etc.) an asset.
- Must be able to install and maintain robot end of arm tooling and suction pickup cups and or grippers
- Ability to assure all die protection sensors are enabled and maintained knowledge of part quality and specifications
- Ability to manage priorities and achieve results
- Ability to meet quota and standards
- Ability to retain information and communicate effectively
- Ability to work midnights, days, and afternoons
- Ability to lift up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Hours of Work: Full time
Location (City\Town): Windsor, ON
On Bus Route: Yes
Position Requires a Personal Vehicle: No
- Emails regarding next steps will come from Bamboo HR – Please Ensure to check your junk mail
- Rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The company is vertically integrated from mining through ironmaking, steelmaking, rolling, finishing and downstream with hot and cold stamping of steel parts and components.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 519-971-9698