Posted on: May 19, 2022
Job Title: Controls Specialist
NOC Code: 2243
- Oversee and improve electrical and automated processes in a manufacturing facility.
- Continuously improve automated systems, to increase equipment efficiency in high-throughput operations.
- Guiding both the Electrical and Automation Teams, in supporting of the Maintenance Management
- Executes broad range of process automation, PLC programming, HMI improvements and robotic operations
- Ensures functional design specifications are understood and successfully delivered on time and within budget
- Involvement in new project engineering and controls programming
- Executes broad range of process automation, and offers leadership amongst the team
- Utilize lean-manufacturing principles by improving process capability, reducing overall costs, and increasing capacity
- Prepare reports on machinery deficiencies and other reports as required
- Communicate and works effectively with work-team members and other members of the company.
- Abide by all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality, Human Resources policies, and the Employee Handbook
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in industrial process automation
- Post-secondary education in engineering, instrumentation, process control or electronics
- Ability to prepare technical documentation such as shop drawings, operating manuals, training manuals, equipment reports, and employee assessments
- Excellent industrial mechanic knowledge.
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to mentor and lead Jr. associates
- Strong sense of teamwork within the group and across the organization
Hours of Work: Full time
Location (City\Town): Windsor, ON
On Bus Route: Yes
Position Requires a Personal Vehicle: No
- Emails regarding next steps will come from Bamboo HR – Please Ensure to check your junk mail
- Rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The company is vertically integrated from mining through ironmaking, steelmaking, rolling, finishing and downstream with hot and cold stamping of steel parts and components.
Contact: email@example.com, 519-971-9698