Posted on: September 29, 2022
Date: September 29, 2022
Job Title: CNC Operator (4 positions available for Afternoon shift)
NOC Code: 7231
- Studies work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials and orthographic drawings to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece.
- Takes inventory by checking stock to determine the amount available and anticipated stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools and attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required.
- Loads feed mechanisms by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling, and thread chasing operations.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements.
- Documents actions by completing production logs in Genius System daily.
- Other duties relating to the position as assigned.
- High School/GED preferred
- Experience operating CNC mills and lathes in a production environment preferred.
- Previous experience as a CNC Operator an asset
- Knowledgeable on maintenance and operation of various machinery
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledgeable of safe work practices and precautionary measures.
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Excellent reasoning ability
Salary: $18-24/hour depending on experience. Afternoon employees are eligible for a shift premium
Hours of Work: 40-53 hours per week. Overtime after 44 hours if the individuals chooses to work overtime hours
Location (City\Town): Kingsville
On Bus Route: No
Position Requires a Personal Vehicle: No
- Basic blue print reading training session is provided in house for new recruits
Contact: email@example.com, 519- 326-0513